REXBURG — A rental enterprise at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes has attained a settlement agreement with Idaho Lawyer Typical Lawrence Wasden.
The announcement arrived in a news release from Wasden’s place of work that says a decide accepted the agreement amongst his office and S & R Leavitt, LLC or PMS Dune Rentals. An AG’s Client Safety investigation into PMS Dune Rentals and its proprietor Reynold Leavitt began in June 2020 following several consumer issues.
The grievances integrated damaged vehicles, pointless repairs created to the harmed cars and a lack of itemized billing or work orders for the purported repairs, according to the news release.
In Aug. 2019, the Idaho Office of Coverage revoked Leavitt’s license for violating the state insurance coverage code. The complaint in opposition to Leavitt claimed he charged his buyers for liability coverage at his dune buggy rental small business on 16 different events when there was no insurance policy in impact on the cars, in accordance to the launch.
Insurance policy officers stated by giving merchandise that had been labeled insurance when no policy was in outcome, Leavitt was in violation of Idaho Code.
Related | Rexburg insurance plan agent loses license right after charging clients for insurance policy procedures that did not exist
In December, Leavitt and the AG’s office environment agreed on the settlement that District Choose Steven Boyce approved on Monday. The settlement addresses troubles shoppers experienced and needs PMC Dune Rentals and Leavitt to make modifications.
The variations contain:
- Providing obvious and conspicuous site disclosures similar to rental expenses
- On the internet putting up of all files the firm needs shoppers to indicator
- Promptly supplying consumers with all paperwork displaying evidence of damages, fix expenses, or expenses
- Instantly refunding any cash collected the enterprise simply cannot doc as important to deal with a repair charge
- Finishing repairs of damaged automobiles with realistic diligence to restrict the company’s economic damages
- Responding to consumers’ published requests inside of a realistic time
- Responding to issues from the Place of work of the Legal professional Normal in just 21 times
The Attorney General’s Business office states Leavitt will have to fork out Wasden’s workplace $3,500 for fees and expenses associated to the investigation.