Welcomes returning citizens
Reporting to the Main Monetary & Functioning Officer (CFOO), the Fairmount Park Conservancy (FPC) is trying to find a Controller who will be responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting, devices and reporting functions. The Controller will lead the day-to-working day finance functions of a $10M functioning price range and a $5M building funds. Moreover, the Controller will control the accounting computer software and accounts payable platform transitions. The Controller will guarantee that FPC has the programs and procedures in position to support powerful software implementation, execution and reporting. Also, she or he will oversee the annual fiscal statement audit. The Controller will get the job done carefully with the senior management crew and their staffs, not only to educate them pertaining to fiscal and accounting processes but also to take a look at how the new accounting software platforms can help program functions.
The Controller will also husband or wife with the CFOO, finance, functions and growth team to enrich and far better integrate just about every team’s systems and capabilities.
Finance and Accounting
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to be certain compliance with commonly acknowledged accounting ideas and other regulatory needs.
- Preserve inside controls and safeguards for receipts of earnings and receivables, software and operational prices, and organizational budgets.
- Travel and coordinate all audit activities.
- Get ready supporting schedules for Type 990 in collaboration with the CFOO, evaluation Form 990 and Variety 5500 for precision and well timed remittance.
- Manage the implementation, instruction of team and conversion of fiscal information from Financial Edge to the Sage Intacct and Cerify platforms.
- Make sure well timed execution of thirty day period-end and 12 months-finish closing processes.
- Continually examine fiscal details and existing regular monthly money studies in an correct and timely way obviously communicate and deliver monthly, quarterly, and yearly monetary statements.
- Aid FPC’s senior leadership crew in the once-a-year budgeting and organizing approach administer and review all economical plans and evaluate to precise outcomes with a check out to discover, clarify and suitable variances as ideal.
- Help the CFOO in participating the board of administrators, finance committee and audit committee around reporting, analysis and supporting documentation.
- Handle the department’s external monetary solutions and partnerships.
- Oversee all economic, program/undertaking, and grants accounting guarantee that expenses are regularly aligned with grant and system budgets collate money reporting elements for governing administration, company and foundations grants.
- Regulate organizational dollars move and forecasting by performing in partnership with the CFOO, senior management and the finance committee consistently collaborate with development and plan managers to evaluate the money efficacy of plan operations and create finance and administrative methods to assistance software functions.
- Deal with and keep track of the overall performance of FPC’s invested property in trying to keep with the organizational expending policy.
- Produce and preserve excellent associations with bankers, auditors, metropolis associates, and other relevant stakeholders and finance pros.
- Other obligations as assigned.
- Handle connection with FPC’s IT broker and involved vendors.
- Assist CFOO in directing the IT strategic close to and extended-conditions aims, and implementation of targets to correctly meeting ongoing, complex and evolving IT demands.
- Helps workforce in payroll and 401k processing.
- Leverage the strengths of the recent finance crew associates, aid to explain roles and tasks, and create and put into practice accounting program coaching in purchase to increase and arrive at ideal unique, programmatic and organizational ambitions.
- Provide leadership in strengthening inside communications with staff members at all concentrations through the corporation build and endorse a beneficial and supportive perform natural environment.
This newly designed place is an amazing possibility for a experienced chief with 7 to ten many years of accounting and finance encounter, ideally in the not-for-financial gain sector. She or he will preferably have working experience accumulating, evaluating, presenting and reporting monetary info to govt groups and exterior stakeholders, as well as have practical experience in complicated not-for-income environments with assorted funding streams and several packages.
- BS/BA in accounting or connected subject MBA and/or CPA required
- Determination to keeping and stewarding FPC’s economic assets.
- Abilities in GAAP and all modern GAAP pronouncements pertaining to NPO’s.
- Knowledge in the use of not-for-gain accounting computer software (Sage Intacct or similar merchandise) and Microsoft Place of work.
- Knowledge in budgetary forecasting and management.
- Particular qualities of integrity, trustworthiness, and unwavering determination to FPC’s mission a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with a large level of personalized initiative and willingness to get into the specifics and roll up one’s sleeves
- Sturdy interpersonal and interaction competencies knowledge in proficiently communicating vital details, like displays to senior management, board or other outdoors stakeholders.
- Stable working experience coordinating audit actions and running reporting, spending budget development and investigation, accounts payable and receivable, common ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- A keep track of document in grants administration as it relates to compliance and reporting of federal government, corporate and foundation grants is critical.
- A clean up and legitimate driver’s license and capability to generate Fairmount Park Conservancy motor vehicles
Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to winner Philadelphia’s parks. We guide cash initiatives and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, catch the attention of and leverage investments, and produce innovative programs all through the 10,200 acres that involve Fairmount Park and far more than 100 neighborhood parks close to the city. Philadelphia has one of the largest urban park techniques in the environment, furnishing inhabitants with in depth overall health, environmental, social, economic and cultural gains – such as accessibility to some of the region’s most popular attractions.
Use for this job
The income array for this placement is $85,000 – $95,000. Additionally, the Fairmount Park Conservancy offers a generous advantages deal which include overall health, dental, and eyesight, as properly as everyday living, disability and retirement. Anti-Discrimination Plan:
The Fairmount Park Conservancy does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all skilled people to apply. To Use:
Thank you for your fascination in the Fairmount Park Conservancy. Please put together a formal letter of curiosity, resume, 3 do the job associated references, and wage requirements as both PDF or Phrase files and post at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/kind/d250369117dd488baa22a899d5c26268. Be sure to, no cellphone calls or mailed applications. Deadline for application is JANUARY 22, 2021. Purposes submitted just after this day will not be regarded.