If you’re designing a new website, it’s essential to choose from ideal web domain and hosting packages to seek web design assistance. In this blog, we understand the best web design practices to make better-informed decisions.
Top 5 Web Design Practices to Follow
- Enhance the Visual Elements
94% of first impressions of a website are attributed to its design. Therefore, when you aim for a clear visual hierarchy, you must consider a variety of factors, such as:
- Balance: How visual elements are distributed throughout a website’s pages plays a role in creating balance.
- Composition: Organising website elements can cohesively give a site structure.
- Scale: Utilising scale can draw attention to essential details during website design.
- Whitespace: Web designers can use the space between page elements, known as whitespace to improve the user experience by breaking up text and directing attention to specific areas.
- Visuals: Quality imagery and videos can effectively capture and maintain user attention.
- Boost Your Website’s Page Speed
Nobody enjoys visiting a website that takes too much time to load. However, even a delay of one second in the page loading speed can cause a massive decrease in sales. Thus, it would be best to focus on enhancing your page loading speed by choosing a good web design plan.
- Don’t Neglect Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
SEO can be a complex and constantly changing field, often requiring dedicated teams to manage. However, there are some simple and basic “quick fixes” that anyone can implement on their website, such as:
- Filling out meta tags on all web pages to provide clear information to Google about the content on each page.
- Conducting keyword research to ensure that all content creation aligns with SEO best practices.
- Focusing on Domain Authority (DA) as a critical metric to measure the strength of your website within its digital community.
- Building a network of links with industry experts by linking to authoritative sources.
- Improve User Experience & Mobile Responsiveness
In 2021, 54.8% of internet traffic was generated by mobile devices. Thus, you must ensure that your website is optimised for traditional devices and mobile-friendly.
Your website must adapt to your visitors’ screen sizes and devices by adopting a responsive design. With a practical, simple web design, you must provide an exceptional browsing experience for all your clients.
- Include Call-to-Action Buttons
A vital element of any webpage is a call to action! These links or buttons guide users toward the next steps they need to take. For example, with clear CTAs, users may find it easier to navigate purchasing a product or signing up for a service.
Integrating most of these web design strategies during the site’s creation process rather than afterwards is vital.
To conclude, your site must include the following:
- Visually pleasing elements.
- Fast loading times.
- A great user experience (UX).
- Optimised content.
- Eye-catching call-to-actions to achieve the best website design in Australia or globally.