Waverly fire destroys strip shopping mall business enterprise | Area Information


The inside of of Jimmy’s Nails and Spa in Waverly caught on hearth Thursday early morning. 

WAVERLY – A nail salon was destroyed Thursday in a early morning fire at a strip mall in Waverly.

Waverly firefighters were being known as to the scene at the Fourth Street Plaza strip shopping mall about 9 a.m. The blaze started at Jimmy’s Nails & Spa at 1810 Fourth St. S.W. No. 103. The business is a complete decline, in accordance to Jeff Thier, assistant main with the Waverly fire department. No a single was inside the enterprise at the time.

“Due to the lack of oxygen in the setting up, it in fact put alone out,” Thier mentioned.

An worker in a neighboring business enterprise referred to as 911 when she arrived to get the job done and discovered a fireplace alarm was likely off. The staff did not odor smoke, but claimed there was a “definite odor.”

Crews responded with 4 vehicles and about 20 volunteer firefighters. None of the companies ended up open at that time.

Assist Area Journalism

Your membership makes our reporting attainable.

highlighted_button_textual content


The Plaza also homes Tapatio Mexican Grill, Moe & Arrow Boutique, Price tag Cutters and Situs Real Estate Useful resource Corp. There was no structural injury to the neighboring companies, but some documented smoke damage and an odor.

Waverly Mayor Mayor Adam Hoffman posted his condolences on Facebook.

“My feelings go out to the house owners and personnel who are experiencing hearth, smoke and water reduction and destruction today at The Plaza on Fourth. I desire for a speedy recovery.”